Federal funding for the McNair Scholars Program at Virginia Tech will end effective September 30, 2012. With a near perfect record of graduating McNair scholars from both Virginia Tech and Hampton University, a graduate school enrollment and graduation rate that exceeds 60%, including 12 doctorates in 15 years, we are proud of the accomplishments of all scholars who have participated in the program.
We wish to thank the entire campus community for their support of the McNair Scholars Program. We would especially like to acknowledge our campus partners who have supported our 15 years of service to students’ pursuit of research and graduate study:
• McNair Scholars Program Advisory Board
• The Student Success Center
• Multicultural Academic Opportunities Program
• The Graduate School
• The Language and Culture Institute
• University Libraries
• Upward Bound/Educational Talent Search at Virginia Tech
• Hampton University Student Support Services
• The many faculty who served as research mentors and seminar instructors
While federal funding for the McNair Scholars Program will end on September 30, 2012, we will continue to offer our program services to current scholars for 2012-2013. We are grateful to the Division of Undergraduate Education, the Graduate School, and the Student Success Center who have generously offered to sponsor our scholars for the remainder of the academic year.
Questions can be directed via e-mail to Mary Grace Campos, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 540-231-5499.